Sunday, March 29, 2009

Do you know who has 10 kids and 18 1/2 grand kids?

It's our very own Darla Patterson!
Darla has been married to John (how many of the sisters in our ward are married to a man named John? At least 3 I have interviewed!) for almost 14 years. In April it will be 14 years. When they got married she had 7 children and he had 3. 10 kids! Wow that is fun! Now she is proud to be a grandma to 18 1/2. Yes, a half. There is one on the way. All but three of them live near by. When I asked Darla what her passion was she said, "My kids and my grand kids."

Darla is a customer service rep for a cable company that primarily services Sun Lakes. She loves to read. She read different types of books in spurts. For example she went from reading the Twilight series to Kingdom and the Crown. She also enjoys cooking and singing. She says she is not very good at singing but she enjoys it very much. She is practicing with the stake choir to sing in stake conference on April 26th.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just loved reading about Darla, and I can't wait to get to know her better!