Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Sarah was named after her mom's great grandma 100 years after she was born


In honor of Mother’s Day I interviewed 6th grader McKain about his mom, Tuppence Bailey. McKain has a sister named Sarah who is 8 years old. His mom and dad, Darren have been married for 13 years. They moved from Colorado to Washington to Utah and then finally to Arizona where they have been for 1 ½ years.
She Shares: So, McKain, tell me your favorite thing about your mom.
McKain Bailey: She is funny. She laughs at my jokes, too.
SS: Awesome, so do you have a good story you can tell me about her.
MB: There are a lot of them. Oh, I know. One time we were at Knott’s Berry Farm. She was going on a roller coaster that was 2 minutes and 15 seconds long and when she got off her hair was crazy!
SS: That is pretty funny. How did she come up with your name?
MB: We had a neighbor with that last name. and my parent really liked it.
At this point his mom walked up and he told her, “Mom, you have to leave she is asking me questions about you and interviewing me.”
Tuppence : Oh, no.
MB: It is all true, everything I am saying is true stuff.
TB: Oh, good.
SS: Tell me another thing you want to shre about your mom.
MB: She likes chocolate.
TB: I do.
MB: And if I am ever down she always lifts my spirits.

1 comment:

Mallory said...

She is so cute. I'm glad to be one of her visiting teachers!